How can I reserve a group study room?
SAIS Library has four group study rooms: two on the 7th floor and two on the 8th floor [see floorplan]. All rooms have computers with keyboards and large monitors students may use to project from their laptops.
To reserve a SAIS Library study room:
SAIS Library’s group study rooms are for:
- Groups of two or more students only
- SAIS students and SAIS Library staff only
- Maximum of two hours per day per group
- If a room is not occupied within the first 15 minutes of the reservation block, the reservation will be cancelled.
- Academic use only. All other meetings/events should be scheduled through the Office of Student Life, on their website or by contacting the Director for Student Life (202-663-5705 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note to non-SAIS JHU students:
Due to high demand, Group Study Rooms are restricted for use by SAIS students and Library staff only.
Note to SAIS students: SAIS student requests for meeting and event rooms outside of the Library should be submitted using this form: https://saisdc.wufoo.com/forms/student-clubgroup-event-request-form/
For the 2015-16 academic year, Nitze 410, 417, 501, 507 and 508 are available for after-hours use, when the Library is closed.
The Johns Hopkins D.C. Learning Commons located on the 3rd floor of the Bernstein-Offit Building (1717 Massachusetts Ave.) has 10 group study rooms open to all JHU students. The Learning Commons is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 10:30 pm, Saturday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, and closed Sunday). JHED ID required for access.
To reserve a room in the D.C. Learning Commons
Use their reservation web site
D.C. Learning Commons group study rooms are for:
- Group use therefore groups of two or more patrons get priority over a single person.
- Users are limited to three hours of reservations.
- If a room is not occupied within the first 10 minutes of the reservation block, the reservation is considered cancelled.
- The reservation system cannot accommodate the transfer of a reservation to another user.
- The staff is not responsible for informing patrons when a reservation period is over.
- Only covered drinks are allowed in group study rooms. No food is allowed.