Q. What is Borrow Direct?
1. What is Borrow Direct?
Borrow Direct enables current JH faculty, students, and staff to borrow materials from partner university libraries, including the Ivy League schools, plus several more.
If material you need is not requestable from a Hopkins Library, Borrow Direct is the first stop. You'll need your JHED ID and password.
2. What is the loan period for materials from Borrow Direct?
The loan period is 16 weeks with NO renewals.
3. How long does it take Borrow Direct materials to arrive?
Borrow Direct materials should usually arrive within five business days. You will receive an email when your request is available for pick-up.
4. What types of materials are available from Borrow Direct?
• Books not owned by Johns Hopkins Libraries.
• Books owned by Johns Hopkins Libraries, but checked out to other users (or otherwise unavailable).
5. What types of materials are NOT available from Borrow Direct?
• Materials that are available in Johns Hopkins Libraries and NOT charged out or on reserve.
• Journals and journal articles
6. What if Borrow Direct does not have what you need?
7. Can materials be borrowed on-site at the various Borrow Direct Libraries?
Borrowing privileges vary by institution. Please review individual library polices prior to your visit. Borrowed items may be returned at either the lending library or JHU.